My name is Blake Reynolds, and for the next few weeks I will be travelling to Malawi as part of the Canadian Co-operative Association's Management Coaching Program!


Thanks for stopping by as I prepare for, travel to, experience and finally bid farewell to the 'Warm Heart of Africa'!




Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Here we go!

Ok, first post!  Thanks for joining me on the first stage of this adventure!

How do you prepare for an experience like this?  What do you pack?  How do you deal with the travel?  What do I need to prepare for?   Information Overload!
But I think the biggest prepartions for me, are what will be happening while I am away.  While I profess to be pretty laid back, my family and I just don't seem to be able to walk-the-"laid back"-talk.


I am the proud father of three boys, ages 9, 6 and 4, and the husband of a very loving wife who has been very patient with me (and more importantly our kids) while I travelled around to play Ultimate Frisbee, took night classes to get my MBA, and who now herself is doing her MBA while taking on a new job and teaching our oldest's catechism classes.
So the first thing I did when offered this great opportunity is do what any man who appreciates his marriage would do in that position...I asked her if I could go!  Her response: "How can you NOT go?".


So these days leading up to our training and preparation in Ottawa, as I try to figure out what to wear and what I need to bring, I am also preparing my three page spreadsheet on who will be covering what at home to keep life as normal as possible for my three very active boys!

On a professional note, what an honour to be chosen for this program!  I can't wait to put faces to all the friendly voices I have been conversing with the past few months, as we meet in Ottawa next week to prepare for our trips to Malawi, Uganda and Ghana respectively.
 
And what a great place to work for!  OMISTA Credit Union really is a great place to work, and it's truly awesome that they are supporting me and this program!

Back to preparations!  Thanks for checking in!

No comments:

Post a Comment